Thursday, December 1, 2016

Values of Mine

As you people out there in the Colloverse know, we had to make a list of values that we have. And naturally, instead of discussing the list, we had to lower the list down to just two things we value. Well, my two things I ended up with were spirituality and equality. Now I know it may seem really stereotypical to say spirituality since we live in the Bible belt and all, but in this case it's true. Through my faith, I have learned to love because God first loved me.  I have discovered how to have inner peace during stressful times. I have learned how to trust and hope for a brighter tomorrow.
And though all of those things are great, my spirituality is much more to me than my faith. My spirituality can be found in something as simple as going to meditate and do yoga or going for a long walk outside and enjoying the scenery. My spirituality is how I relieve my stress from whatever life is throwing my way. It is the only way I can truly decompress and return to just me instead of feeling like a stressed crazy person. And because my spirituality enables me to do all of these and has taught me so many things, it is at the top of my list of values.
Equality is second on the list because of what I am passionate about. I want to live in a world where no one has to fear for their safety based on what they are or who they chose to be. My perfect world would be one where we all exist together regardless of our differences. For me, many conflicts would be solved if people would look past their shallow misconceptions regarding certain groups of people, religions, or genders. People should be judged based on who they are as a person rather than what category they just so happen to fit into. I am tired of seeing news articles where prejudices caused problems, so if I could essentially create equality and eradicate people's bigoted, ignorant ideas, then the world would be a much better place, full of opportunities that are available for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment